Upcoming Investment in Agriculture Forum
Apologies if you have already received…..Please see detail below and attached for the upcoming Investment in Agriculture Forum being held by the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries in Toowoomba, 21 February, 2017. Spaces are limited, so register now to secure a place!
Fantastic line up of national and international speakers for the Investment in Agriculture Forum 2017…..this is an opportunity for agribusinesses to gain a comprehensive understanding of what is required to become investor ready, learn about the different investment models & strategies available for Ag and hear from presenters about the real opportunities. Please feel free to forward on!
Date: 21 February 2017, Toowoomba
Venue: Burke & Wills Hotel, 554 Ruthven Street
Start time: Doors open 9.00am for 10am start
# Morning tea and lunch provided
This is a free event. Registration required….email - email@example.com
SESSION 1 - Understanding the Investment landscape for Australian Agriculture
- What is required for Australian agriculture to capitalise on the future investment potential from both domestic and international investors. Professor Julie Cotter—Centre Director Australian Centre for Sustainable Business and Development, University of Southern Queensland.
- Requirements for being investor ready—Considerations required when assessing the best structure for investment and the preferred option for different Agricultural sectors exploring investment. Brendan Goulding—Director of International Services, Bentley’s International Advisory.
- What’s driving foreign investment in Australian Agriculture, investment trends and the ever changing investment landscape. Marc Soccio—Rabo Bank, Senior Analyst, Wine, Horticulture and Rural Economics, Food & Agribusiness Research and Advisory
- Austrade’s role in facilitating foreign investment to the Agribusiness and Food Sector, highlighting foreign investor’s current sectors of interest and future opportunities. Tony Eyres—Austrade, Senior Investment Specialist, Agribusiness and Food.
- National Farming Together program. Australian Government initiative aimed at boosting farmer co-ops, collaborations and collective groups to secure more investment and improve farm gate returns. Lorraine Gordon—Director FarmingTogether program.
SESSION 2 - Opportunities for investment in Australian Agriculture
- Considerations for Successfully attracting investment—Learn firsthand from Stahmann Farms CEO considerations when entering into the ‘investment ready process’, the challenges and opportunities investments or partners can provide to your organisation to help drive innovation and world’s best practice. Ross Burling— CEO Stahmann Farms.
- Investment in Horticulture—Current opportunities, investment models and lessons learnt in developing Australian horticulture through investment. Peter O’Donnell — Director, Southern Cross Farms, Investment and farm management group.
- Investment in Broadacre Farming and Livestock—Current opportunities, investment models and lessons learnt in developing Australian farming systems through investment Andrew Parkes—Director, Customised Farm Management Pty Ltd.
- Private Equity investment in Australian Agriculture—Understanding the opportunities for Agriculture, along with the challenges and pitfalls of engaging a private equity partner—Blue Sky Real Assets.
Senior Industry Development Officer (Horticulture)
Regions and Industry Development
Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
T 07 46816142 M 0455 052 586 F 07 4681 1769
Applethorpe Research Facility, New England Hwy, Applethorpe Q 4378
Postal – 3 Roessler Ave, Applethorpe Q 4378