MLA and the Goat Industry Council of Australia (GICA) Scholarships
Get on the TRAIL! Applications due 13 January 2019
MLA and the Goat Industry Council of Australia (GICA) are funding two scholarships through the Australian Rural Leadership Foundation TRAIL Program. The next course runs from 27 February to 7 March 2019 and young emerging goat producer leaders should submit their applications by COB 13 January 2019.
What does TRAIL involve?
Training Rural Australians In Leadership (TRAIL) is a cross-sector, challenge based leadership program set in Canberra and regional NSW for Australia’s future emerging rural leaders. The program takes diverse people from different occupations, communities and backgrounds and expands their leadership skills. The program includes a challenging four-day outdoor leadership experience in the mountains outside of Canberra. You will develop:
- your strategic thinking
- your ability to have successful conversations
- an understanding of advocacy, influence and political processes
- partnerships and collaborative relationships.
27 February – 7 March 2019
Are you eligible?
Please apply if you;
- are a commercial goat producer and consider yourself an emerging rural leader
- want to increase your leadership knowledge
- want to gain exposure to key role models
- want to develop a supportive network of peers
How to apply
If you are interested, please send your application to Julie Petty, MLA Project Manager - Goat Industry on firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 13 January. Your application should be no longer than 4 pages, include some background information about your commercial goat enterprise and address the following selection criteria:
- where you think the goat industry is heading (your vision)
- how this training would benefit you (what do you want out of this)
- how you are planning to apply your new skills and relationships
- any producer groups, committees or other networks you are an active contributor to
MLA and GICA will provide a scholarship of $9,500 plus GST as well as travel costs.